ProCan Oncology team has a definite and central role at ProCan. This role is multidimensional and is interrelating with all the other ProCan teams. The main role of the ProCan oncology team is establishing and maintaining collaborations with other researchers and research groups both nationally and internationally. This involves fulfilling and addressing the collaborators' requirements and inquires, working with ProCan executive board and other experts in the field in defining high-value research questions and planning the studies' design, writing, discussing, and getting approval on the research proposals both internally and externally.
ProCan Oncology team also work with legal entities and governances in initiating and following up the ethics applications, legal contracts, and agreements. The Oncology team works in conjunction with the ProCan Laboratory and CDS teams in arranging and following the samples delivery, giving clinical insight that help in proteomic experiments design, helping and contributing to the data analyses and results interpretation.
ProCan Oncology team members have wide range of expertise that allow them to work across different stages of the projects pipeline. This includes expertise in medical oncology, clinical research, proteomics, genomics, project managements, research ethics and legal contracts, clinical trials methodology, and clinical epidemiology
ProCan Oncology Team
- Professor Roger Reddel BSc (Med) MBBS PhD FRACP FAA Director CMRI, ProCan Co-Director and ProCan Oncology Co-Group Leader, Unit Head Cancer Research Unit
- Dr Priya Duggal PhD Human Research Ethics and Governance Officer
- Dr Adel Aref Senior Research Officer and Medical Oncologist
- Dr Emma Boys Medical Oncologist
- Dr Jenny Liu Senior Research Officer
- Dr Liz Connolly PhD Student